Woodland Christian Camp thrives on volunteers in order to accomplish its mission. Volunteers are the backbone of Woodland's operations and the key to its success. Thank you for your time and support of Christian Camping!
In order to volunteer in our elementary age programs (First Timer, Junior, or Pre-Teen Camp), individuals must be at least 16 years of age. If you wish to volunteer for a middle or high school program, you must be at least 18 years old. Volunteers should be serving regularly in their home church, ideally in the same age group they wish to work in at Woodland.
If you're interested in volunteering as Cabin Staff for Summer Camp...
- Please contact the Camp Office (770-562-3103 or email@example.com) and let us know which program you wish to serve in.
- If volunteers are still needed for the program you're interested in, our staff will put you in contact with the program director. An emailed volunteer application will follow.
- Child Protection System training will be included in the application itself. Applicants must watch the training video and verify completion on the application.
- Once we receive the completed application, the staff will conduct a short interview and check references. A reference from a Head Staff Member of your Home Church will be required, in addition to at least 2 other references.
- If your application is approved, you will receive background screening via email. Completion of the background check is required and should be done at least two weeks prior to arrival on-site.
- Once the administrative process is complete, you will receive additional information from the Program Director.
[+] 2023 Volunteer Staff manual - Please read the document in its entirety prior to submitting your Volunteer Staff Application. On the application, you will be required to confirm that you have completed reading the entire manual.
[+] 2023 Volunteer Staff Child Protection System manual - Please read the document in its entirety prior to submitting your Volunteer Staff Application. On the application, you will be required to confirm that you have completed reading the entire manual.
These handouts allow you, as a summer volunteer, to better understand Summer Camp issues. They are intended to be a brief introduction and training. They will enhance training provided by your Program Director and training provided on the first day of camp. Keep in mind that there is a volunteer meeting an hour and a half before Summer Camp Registration Check-in begins. Contact your Program Director for a specific time and location.